Saturday, November 22, 2008

Well report cards are done and parents have been in to the school to pick them up. I feel like a weigh has been lifted off my shoulders. I worried about how the process would go up here. It was great to know that I could use what ever format I was comfortable with. I went with the report card style I used back at Kingston with a few tweeks. Other teachers here in Nakasuk liked my format and used it as well. It was so nice to here the positive comments from the parents about how their children like coming to school. It made my day!
Went out to the Kicking Caribou to celebrate with a few friends. Jacques tells me he got out extra money to do some Christmas shopping. I know that sounds weird to shop at the bar but that is what we do sometimes. A lot of the local artists have people come into the bars and restaurants selling carvings, jewelry, pictures and even clothing like mitts or hats. We have done a bit of shopping that way. Jacques bargained a picture priced at $260 down to $200. He got a set of 3 pictures the other night. We will probably have enough pictures for an art gallery in our living room when we go back home.
The Frobuild Family Apartment Building
Thought I would tell y'all a bit about our apartment here in Iqaluit. There are 6 apartments in the building. Everyone in the building works for Frobuild. There are 4 one bedroom apartments on the first floor and 2 three bedroom apartments on the second floor. We were lucky to have one of the 3 bedroom apartments. It gives us lots of room and has one of the best views in town. We see the airport and all the planes landing and taking off as well as the harbour and part of Frobisher Bay. No boats out on the water anymore. The harbour is frozen over already. Check out the pictures of our apartment.
The top 2 balconies are part of our apartment and our



entrance is at the side of the
building.

Above are 2 views of the kitchen
The dining area and the living room below
Our Bedroom
The spare room I use as an Office

3 comments:

dp said...

very cool. Love the red.. and the kitchen is huge... Staff party there would be awesome...
you need to send along some pictures of the artwork and stuff...
we have a raging storm going on here right now!!
Miss you and can't wait for you to come home for Xmas.

irwin said...

Wow that is indeed a big place you have. Though your walls look pretty bare compared to back home. Are you planning on some wall decorations?

sorna said...

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

1 2 3 4 Bedroom Apartments